I made spelt bread yesterday for a change from my porridge bread. It turned out well. I didn’t take any photos of the process but here’s the ingredients and method. Hope it’s easy to follow 🙂
450g spelt flour
1 teaspoon bread soda
a pinch of salt
1 tablespoon olive oil
sunflower and pumpkin seeds (optional topping)
honey (optional topping)
- Put flour, bread soda and salt in mixing bowl. Mix together.
- Add in buttermilk and olive oil. Mix everything together to form a dough.
- Put dough in bread tin lined with parchment paper.
- Put some sunflower and pumpkin seeds and a bit of honey on top of bread (optional).
- Bake bread in oven preheated to 180 c for 40-50 minutes.
- Take out and allow to cool. Slice and enjoy!
I made my usual porridge bread today but I decided to put sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds and a little bit of honey on top for a change. It worked really well! The seeds add great texture and taste. They are also very nutritious.
500g carton of Natural Yogurt
seeds such as chia, linseed, sesame (optional)
Step 1: Empty 500g container of natural yogurt into mixing bowl
Step 2: Use empty yogurt container to measure two containers full of porridge oats. Add to mixing bowl
Step 3: Add 1 teaspoon of bread soda to the mixing bowl. Mix everything together.
Step 4: Chop 8-10 dates if using. Add to mixture.
Step 5: Add 2 tablespoons of seeds (such as chia, linseed) if using
Step 6: Mix everything together
Step 7: Put mixture into bread loaf tin lined with parchment paper. Bake in oven preheated to 180 c for 40 minutes
Step 8: Bread should come out of the oven looking something like this. Leave to cool. Then slice and enjoy 🙂